Honey Family Foundation Fund Invests $ 80,000 to Support Community Development in Essex County
London, Ont. –
The Honey Family Foundation Fund invested $ 80,000 to help support local programs and initiatives in Essex County on Thursday.
The five local organizations that will receive funding are:
- The Municipality of Leamington – $ 25,000 to help partially fund a paddling pool at Mersea Park
- Maryvale – $ 20,000 to support mental health programs for young people
- Leamington Arts Center – $ 15,000 to help the organization
- South Essex Community Council – $ 10,000 to support their programming for seniors
- The Gleaners of Southwestern Ontario – $ 10,000 to help with food security
Honey Family Foundation Fund check presentation – Thursday August 19, 2021 (Source: WindsorEssex Community Foundation)“On behalf of WECF, we would like to thank Mr. Honey for choosing us to be the steward of his philanthropic goals. His generosity continues to inspire us all, and we are honored to help and work alongside him with his charitable goals as he continues to touch the lives of many in Essex County through the Honey Family Foundation Fund. We look forward to seeing the positive impact this investment will have on these five organizations and our community, ” said Lisa Kolody, Executive Director of WECF.
The Honey Family Foundation Fund was established at the Windsor-Essex Community Foundation in 2013 to support community development in Essex County.